Sharpen your pencils and stoke your creativity for this once in a (school) lifetime opportunity — This year, JPII will hold a contest to write the lyrics to the school’s Alma Mater Hymn.
Music to accompany lyrics will be written by Mr. Mark Girardin. The contest is open to anyone who has a connection to Pope John Paul II High School whether as a student, faculty or staff member, or friend.
Please submit a typed copy of the proposed lyrics by January 15, 2011. Attach a separate card with the author’s name and address.
- Lyrics must be original.
- The Alma Mater should sound like a hymn, or a dignified, ceremonial piece of music. Lyrics should reflect the school’s mission/vision and should not be longer than two (2) minutes.
- Lyrics will be judged on the choice of “singable” words, metric fluidity, integrity, unity, and relevance to the theme.
- Once the winning lyrics have been chosen, the school will compose appropriate music. Lyrics may be altered or amended at this point and are the property of the school. Multiple winning entries may be selected for the purpose of combination.
- Appropriate recognition and prizes will be awarded to the winning author(s).
- All entries will remain the property of the school. Lyric writers understand that their submissions may be altered or amended.
Anyone wishing more information may email email@example.com